Monday, September 22, 2008

Slightly disappointed and seeking direction

If you read back a few, I wrote about a duplex I wanted to buy in North Central Austin. It made sense on a lot of fronts, and I want to be close to my Karen families. The only way I'm going to learn their language is by immersion, or something very close to it. I had the inspection done, and the place is rock solid. All along, I never tried to muscle anything, I just had an idea, started asking questions and praying and things started to flow. So when I got the inspection report, I got excited. Saturday was the last day to do anything without losing the earnest money, and that's when my realtor found some wording on the contract that bothered her. Basically, we made the offer we did, so that they would pay our closing costs, and still get what they wanted. And that was agreed to by them at the time. The fine print on the contract said differently. Because of a lack of correspondence from the other realtor, we pulled out of the contract that night.
Talking with them today, it appears that they don't like that arrangement. Most likely, their realtor isn't educating them properly on what is happening down here. Either way, we have no contract at this point, unless they come back and start talking.
So I am a bit bothered, disappointed, and annoyed at incompetant realtors. Not mine, she is fantastic! I don't care for the idea of renting, when I can invest instead. So now I am taking a few steps back and praying for direction on this. I would appreciate all ya'lls prayers for me on all this. I'm not really sure what to do from here. Good thing my Heavenly Father has it all figured out already. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future..."-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: