Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still"

(Exodus 14:14)
This is the first verse that came to my mind as I watched the Lord work today. I was sitting in my realtor's office, and we had just looked at pictures and stats on about 8 different properties in the neighborhood I felt He wants me in. But none of them seemed a good fit(not close enough to my families, etc). We had just broken the contract on Saturday, and were doing paperwork to get the earnest money back. Her phone rang, and it was our VA mortgage contact. He had just got off the phone with the sellers agent(very inexperienced), had educated her on what the contract was actually supposed to say, what it meant for all parties, etc. She was mortified and the seller was mad that her agent lost us over something so simple. The choice was ours-did we wish to revive the old contract with the proper wording, and get the closing costs(the original issue)paid? We sure did! So as of today, we are moving forward with the same place.
I just want this to be a reflection of God's greatness and total supremacy. I never tried to muscle this deal, I just prayed and let it happen. I was pretty annoyed on Saturday, but I still knew that He is in charge, He works in mysterious ways, and He has a plan for everything. All I need to do is be still.
(also see 2 Chronicles 20:17)

No comments: